This job has expired.
Works under the supervision of a pharmacist to perform duties associated with medication management system under the pharmacy intern scope of practice and cross functions as pharmacy technician as needed.
• Provides patients and healthcare providers with education and drug information under pharmacist supervision. Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care. Provide staff education and training as needed.
• Assists with internal and external customer service needs.
• Administers immunizations, when applicable as a designated as immunizer.
• Cross functions in all pharmacy technician roles as assigned. Prepares non-sterile and sterile compounded medications, including hazardous preparations when deemed competent. Prepares, fills, receives, delivers, stocks and restocks medication inventory and supplies for the pharmacy department and drug storage areas, manages work ques and completes medication histories.
• Assists with development, organization, and implementation of process improvement and continuous quality and safety monitoring initiatives and outcomes. Independently executes and completes pharmacy projects or reports under the direction of pharmacy leadership.
• Manages and recommends drug therapy regimens as a part of an interdisciplinary team. Under pharmacists supervision reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders/prescriptions, labs and other clinically relevant information to ensure safe and optimal therapeutic outcomes, and provides clinical pharmacy services which may include but is not limited to: renal/hepatic dosage adjustment, pharmacokinetic dosing, anticoagulation monitoring, total parenteral nutrition, and antimicrobial stewardship, patient counseling etc.
• Assists pharmacists and other healthcare providers in delivering patient care and services that are within the state scope of practice for pharmacy interns.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• DRUG INFORMATION AND PATIENT EDUCATION: Designs and delivers drug information and patient education.
• MEDICATION SAFETY - TECH: Utilizes processes and techniques to promote medication safety.
• AUTOMATED DISPENSING SYSTEMS: Operates pharmacy automated dispensing systems.
• MEDICATION FILLS: Fills medication accurately.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• Pharmacist Intern - Florida
Education equivalent experience:
• Enrolled in a college of pharmacy or graduate of an equivalent 4-year undergraduate pharmacy program of a school or college of pharmacy expected to sit for the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE)
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work well with others in a team with minimal supervision. Demonstrates the ability to respond positively in a stressful environment and meet the physical demands of the department.
Required Work Experience: No experience required.
• Bending and Stooping 80.00%
• Climbing 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry 80.00%
• Kneeling 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Reaching 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
• Running 60.00%
• Sitting 80.00%
• Squatting 80.00%
• Standing 80.00%
• Walking 80.00%
• Audible Speech 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity 80.00%
• Smelling Acuity 60.00%
• Depth Perception 80.00%
• Distinguish Color 80.00%
• Seeing - Far 80.00%
• Seeing - Near 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 40.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
• Cytotoxic Chemicals 80.00%
• Dust 80.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 80.00%
• Hazardous Medication 80.00%
• Latex 80.00%
• Computer Monitor 80.00%
• Domestic Animals 40.00%
• Fire Risk 40.00%
• Heating Devices 60.00%
• Magnetic Fields 60.00%
• Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Posted 40 minutes ago
Posted 40 minutes ago
Posted 40 minutes ago