Assists in the operation of the Pharmacy Department and is driven to meet and exceed customer expectations. Responsible for achieving timely medication preparation, labeling and delivery. Holds self and team accountable for achieving the highest level of quality of care, customer service, and colleague satisfaction, and recognizes the contribution for desired results. Works as a Medication Historian when assigned to the Emergency Department.
Why Saint Joseph Health System?
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes:
• 254-bed acute-care hospital at the Mishawaka Medical Center
• 58-bed acute-care hospital at the Plymouth Medical Center
• More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network
What we offer:
• Benefits first day of employment (including: medical, dental, vision, PTO, life, STD/LTD)
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental and vision coverage
• Retirement savings account with employer match
• Generous paid time off programs
• Employee referral incentive program
• Tuition/professional development reimbursement
• Nursing Scholarship opportunities
At Saint Joseph Health System, our values give us strength. That character guides every decision we make - even when those decisions are complicated, costly, or hard. We honor our mission to care for every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology, people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for quality care.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Ensuring prompt and accurate preparation, labeling, packaging, and distribution of drugs and other pharmaceuticals to patients or caregivers. Involvement with updating and maintaining automated dispensing units and automated compounding machines.
4. Review inventory to ensure medications are properly stored and controlled, rotated, out dated stock is removed from inventory, and adequate quantities are available. Ordering of medications from distributors.
5. Process pharmacy charges, ensuring medications and supplies are properly charged or credited to each patient's account.
6. Communicate effectively, tactfully, continuously, clearly and positively with the entire scope of customers, visitors, and staff. Answers the telephone and customer window and route requests accordingly.
7. May be required to deliver and stock Pyxis to off-site locations.
8. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Licensure: Current Indiana licensure as a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Tech in Training with licensure within one year. Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) preferred. Valid drivers license.
Experience: Two years hospital/institutional pharmacy preferred.
Other Job Requirements: Associate must demonstrate independent critical thinking skills and the ability to appropriately and effectively convey concepts to a diverse population of persons with varied educational experience.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Posted 17 minutes ago
Posted 17 minutes ago
Crescent City, California
Posted 17 minutes ago