Job Code and Payroll Title
009278 PHARMACY TCHN 2 PD
All Pharmacy Technicians are accountable to the supervising or operating pharmacist who is legally responsible by virtue of state licensure for the care and safety of patients served by Pharmaceutical Services. The Pharmacy Technician II performs all activities related to traditional pharmacy prescription dispensing and medication distribution. They may also participate in the computer entries of medications and prescriptions, including entries of special medications in the patient profile as directed by a pharmacist.
Pharmacy Technician, Per Diem
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees - Patient Care Technical Unit (AFSCME-EX)
Allied Health, Pharmacy
- Completion of a recognized/accredited Pharmacy Technician Training Program (includes hands-on training period during externship); or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience and skills in a hospital/medical center pharmacy and/or in a retail/community pharmacy, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with a large, diverse population including maintaining good relationship between pharmacy and nursing units
- Possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities to compound pharmaceutical preparations and prepare commercially unavailable oral preparations; these manipulations require mathematical calculations, use of analytical balance and pharmaceutical compounding technique
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and work under constant pressure
- Ability to use good judgment in responding to or referring questions by nurses, physicians, and other professional personnel
- Knowledge, skills, and ability to perform basic computer entries
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations
- Pharmacy Technician Certification; CPhT
- Hospital setting Inpatient Pharmacy/I.V. additives experience
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Active Licensed Pharmacy Technician by the California Board of Pharmacy and in good standing
Per DiemDepartment Name
Pharmacy - Mission Bay MedsEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Department Description
The Department of Pharmaceutical Services at UCSF has long been nationally recognized as one of the founding fathers for clinical pharmacy services, which was established in 1965. Today, the department continues to lead the profession through the integration of advanced technology & robotics, comprehensive pharmaceutical care and clinical services.About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve - a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report - UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence - also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity - both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Mission Bay (SF)
This job has expired.