We are looking for a Plant Controller to join our Washington, MO facility.
JOB SUMMARY: The Plant Controller provides financial leadership for the Washington, MO facility and acts as the accounting/finance partner with operations management. The Plant Controller will be responsible for maintaining a control environment that complies with the Company's internal control policies. The Plant Controller is expected to be a dynamic leader on the plant leadership team by contributing to all areas of plant management.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, managing the month-end close process, providing operational and Corporate locations with financial reporting in all related areas such as inventories, fixed assets and production costing.
· The Plant Controller strongly supports Safety, Health, and Environmental Standards for an injury free work environment.
· Fosters and ensures a culture which enables a safe and secure work environment for all employees, contractors and visitors, showing a passion and caring for people.
Financial Operations & Controls
· Ensures there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.).
· Leads and coaches the plant management team to ensure that accountability for internal controls is clear and processes are documented.
· Establishes, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures with corporate following corporate standards & policies.
· Provides guidance to ensure that internal accounting controls are in place to protect company assets.
· Provides support to corporate accounting ensuring that general ledger accounts are reconciled and correctly stated.
· Audits controls, publish results and works with local Operations leadership to create root cause analysis with remediation plan and improvements.
Reporting and Analysis
· Directs and manages all financial and accounting functions for the plant
· Responsible for month end duties including inventory roll forward, Flux Analysis and all month end closing check list items as assigned.
· Develops financial goals in partnership with plant and corporate leadership.
· Leads financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes including the accuracy of standard costs and the plant financial forecasts and projections.
· Accountable for the explanation of the plant performance, explaining all production variances on a monthly basis as well as participating in the proactive measures to reduce variances from standard cost.
· Reports variances to set standards in a manner that supervisors and managers can understand and take corrective action.
· Ensures that plant goals and initiatives are developed in line with company values, strategic goals, and business plans.
· Prepares and tracks CAPEX budget in comparison to actuals, along with disposal & cycle counts of assets.
Leadership and Business Partnership
· Participate as a key business partner to Plant Management teams, contributing to plant strategy development and execution of annual plans that drive improvements.
· Proactively participates in plant operations via internal meetings, interaction with staff and hourly employees, walk the floor, advocate safety.
· Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, division and/or corporate objectives.
· Collaborates with & supports plant support staff in various areas to include but not limited to purchasing and inventory.
· Provides support to the financial information technology team to implement all new systems.
· Furnishes management (General Manager, Corp Controller, CFO) with guidance pertaining to the organization's financial procedures and day to day operations.
· May perform other duties as required.
· General office and constant exposure to computer display.
· Occasional interaction with production employees in the fabrication facility.
· Travel to customer work sites or other locations for training as needed.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted 32 minutes ago
Posted 32 minutes ago
Posted 21 minutes ago