The Plant Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets in a safe, sanitary and efficient condition. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for staying up to date on new products, equipment, technology and techniques.
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems (to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electrical, power, gas, or air required for operations).
• Readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations
• Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
• Performing preventative maintenance (i.e. conducting computerized preventative maintenance check-ups or reading SPC charts and data)
• Line manufacturing support systems (ozone generation, line/lube delivery, chemical delivery, ingredient delivery, PH house)
• Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
• Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
• Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
• Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor
• Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
• Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
• Responsible for food safety, pre*requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
• Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Formal Engineering/Maintenance Training desired
• No experience required with certificate, 1 years minimum experience in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility, preferably food and beverage industry.
• 1 year minimum experience with one or more technical experiences: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer controlled equipment, PLC and HVAC
• 1 year minimum experience on a variety of equipment including lubricating, cleaning, material handling, motor control, relay control, process control and packaging equipment.
• Professional experience with ammonia refrigeration systems preferred.
• Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent component failures or equipment down time.
• Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to work in a wet environment with moderate to high noise volume.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
• Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted 12 minutes ago
San Diego, California
Posted less than a minute ago
Menlo Park, California
Posted less than a minute ago