This job has expired.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Post Doctoral Fellow in the Department of Ophthalmology
About the Opportunity
The West Virginia University (WVU) Research Corporation and the WVU Department of Ophthalmology (https://medicine.hsc.wvu.edu/eye/) are seeking applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow. The position - funded by the NIH - is research-oriented with a focus on retinal cell biology, the study and treatment of retinal neurodegenerative diseases, and other visual neuroscience-related research projects in mouse and zebrafish animal models. The host laboratory of has expertise in a wide-range of microscopies, including state-of-the-art super-resolution fluorescence microscopy techniques (namely stochastic optical reconstruction microscopy – STORM) and electron microscopy, in addition to access to the full complement of research facilities and equipment available throughout the WVU School of Medicine.
Th laboratory is located in the Erma Byrd Biomedical Research Center on the campus of the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center in Morgantown, WV (for more information, please visit: https://www.robichauxlab.com/). This successful candidate will primarily be required to perform full time experimental wet lab research on an independent project within the scope of the host lab’s interests and capabilities. Qualified candidates must demonstrate a successful track record of research training and published peer-reviewed publications. The successful candidate is expected to start in the fall of 2022. All candidates are required to submit a cover letter, current CV and contact information for three (3) references.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
• 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
• 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
• A range of health insurance and various other benefits
• Dependent Education Scholarship
• WVU Perks
• And More!!
What you’ll do:
• Lead and troubleshoot biomedical research experiments in the laboratory.
• Maintain and genotype animal colonies.
• Culture mammalian cells.
• Prepare solutions and materials for laboratory experiments.
• Document, analyze, and present experimental results and discuss findings.
• Mentor and guide undergraduate and graduate students in the lab.
• Prepare fellowship grants and manuscripts.
• Present findings at seminars, retreats and conferences; participate in journal clubs.
• Operate and troubleshoot microscopes and related lab equipment.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Mount Orab, Ohio
Posted about 11 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago