The Principal IT/Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, implementation, and leading department assignments. This position operates within broad objectives to ensure optimum utilization of manpower and budget. This role researches, compiles and analyzes appropriate and relevant data and makes recommendations for operational improvements with minimal amount of direction from Supervisor or leadership.
- Leads in the research, analysis, identification, and evaluation of data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues with minimal direction given.
- Possesses and maintains an extensive comprehensive understanding and knowledge of MA or ACA business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies.
- Leads in the management and monitoring of multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters with minimal to no guidance from leadership.
- Directs and/or performs the design, development, testing, and deployment of software systems, components, and User Interfaces per customer development directions with minimal guidance from leadership.
- Actively participates in development team meetings; proactively shares techniques and knowledge with team; provides positive support of team members; provides mentorship to junior members.
- Directs the implementation and/or implements all aspects of design, development, testing, deployment, documentation, and personnel standards established by IT leadership.
- Develops lines of communication to discuss/review results of analysis to management via reports/presentations and assists management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
- Investigates, reviews, recommends, communicates, and implements solutions which identify problems/root cause of issues.
- Identifies and resolves challenges in order to fulfill key corporate objectives and responds to the demands of change management and initiates actions needed to plan, organize, and control team activities.
- Independently develops and plans reports, papers, and/or other materials in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
- Acts as liaison between corporate business areas and participates in group or committee discussions.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care, Information Systems, Statistics, or a related field. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Seven (7) years or more years of experience in related experience, typically in two (2) subject areas (e.g. business system design and implementation, technical system analyst, technical developer, business intelligence developer, data analyst with system implementation/automation). SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Expert communication skills are required to understand, interpret, and communicate ideas.
- Expert ability to learn new technology, techniques, and processes.
- Expert knowledge and use of existing software packages (Tableau, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of data languages such as SQL, .net, T-Sql, SAS, HTML, java, etc.
- Expert knowledge of database design, modeling, implementation on SQL/Server (2012 and newer) or equivalent database experience.
- Expert knowledge of various operating systems such as Windows, LINUX, etc.; Strong knowledge of files/databases on the operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of various platforms such as Cloud PaaS, SaaS would be beneficial.
- Expert knowledge of software development tools such as JIRA, BitBucket, TestFlo, Confluence, SharePoint, SQL Developer Data Modeler or equivocal software development tools.
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read/create data models, project design documents, and testing documents.
- Affirmation from leadership based upon delivered MA or ACA solutions.
- Ability to effectively interface with employees at all levels.
- Expert understanding of and ability to apply statistical inference.
- Expert ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Expert ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong affirmation from leadership based upon delivered solutions.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract
This job has expired.