This is a remote opportunity
Cradlepoint was born in Boise and built for wireless. We are a team of authentic, hard-working, and innovative people driven by a shared vision toConnect Beyond the limits of wired networks. We help customers - big and small, across industries and around the world - utilize LTE and 5G cellular technology to connect people, places, and things, anywhere.We're at the forefront of the Wireless WAN and 5G - the next big waves in networking - and we remain as hungry and humble as the day we started. If you're hungry to be part of something big, come join us.
How Will You Contribute to the Company?
Cradlepoint's R&D team is seeking highly motivated, energetic, and driven Networking/SaaS Software Engineers to join our team. As a member of the team, you will work with a group of extremely high-performing and innovative Engineers who design, implement, and support world-class end-to-end solutions for Cloud-managed Wireless WAN edge infrastructure utilizing SD-WAN principles. In addition, the successful candidate will enjoy a fun working environment with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. This position will be instrumental in delivering the next generation of SD-WWAN for Cradlepoint endpoint devices. Boise, ID or Los Gatos, CA are preferred. Remote candidates also considered. You will get the opportunity to work with the best and brightest engineers using cutting-edge technologies to deliver features that make a difference and delight our customers.
What Will You Do?
- Work within a small multi-disciplined Agile team to design, implement, monitor, and support solutions for managing wireless WAN network devices
- Provide technical guidance and architectural recommendations for designing, building, testing, deploying and maintaining highly available, scalable, and secure applications in a cloud computing or datacenter edge environment
- Provide software testing while ensuring quality assurance
- Conduct performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability and automation of systems
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Own end-to-end design, implementation, and CI/CD pipeline for software services
- Collaborate across multi-site software service teams and provide expertise and best practices
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of hands-on network software development experience
- Deep understanding of Network, Load balancing, Zero-Trust Security, Cloud Platform and Large-Scale Systems and Services
- Demonstrated expertise in developing, deploying, and supporting cloud and datacenter services at scale
- Experience with SD-WAN and Network Security services e.g. firewall, IPS/IDS, DPI, DLP, WAF, WSG
- Experience with branch routing, VPNs, WAN optimization
- Experience with L4-L7 services, TCP/SSL/HTTP Proxy, Zero-Trust Security
- Experience with network orchestration and automation, including YANG/Netconf
- Experience with Unix/Linux development environments
- Proficient in developing automated tests and test-driven development
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes and CI/CD processes is highly desired
- Experience with AWS technologies are highly desired
- Understanding of scaling and failover techniques applicable in data center and cloud environments
- Experience with cloud automation techniques and technologies
Note: Did you know that women and other marginalized groups often hold back on applying to jobs if they don't meet 100% of all listed requirements? We don't want you to hold back! If you don't check every single box above but still feel like you could successfully do the work, we encourage you to apply! We'd love to connect and see how you could add to our team.Why Cradlepoint?
At Cradlepoint, we're one team - all in on inclusion. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members across the globe helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. Our connected, community-focused culture enables each one of us to perform at our best and fully be ourselves.
Our Cradlepoint values drive everything we do:
Stay humble and hungry: Be a curious learner, resilient, and competitive.
Don't point a finger; lend a hand: We are one team! Communicate, provide support, and lift others.
Make a difference: Prioritize, innovate, differentiate, and think big for customer success. Make a difference in work and in our communities.
Keep it simple: Eliminate complexity. Reduce time to value.
Enjoy the ride: Celebrate - appreciate - grow.
Trust, Respect, and transparency: Be ethical, data-driven, respectful, and straight shooters who share openly.
We are creating the future of global connectivity & community. Come join us. You belong here.Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary with a focus on a global market; Annual and Incremental Incentive plans; employee retirement plans (where available)
- Flexible Time Off with Global Holiday Schedules to promote work-life balance
- Wellness initiatives focused on the health and mental well-being of our team members and their families, including free membership to Headspace (a mindfulness and well-being app), an International Employee Assistance Program, and dedicated quarterly Well-being Days and No Internal Meeting Fridays.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Eligible to participate in customary health and other benefit plans and programs based on location
- Work from home opportunities across our global locations with a culture rooted in inclusion and teamwork
Cradlepoint's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging mission is to create an inclusive work environment where all employees' differences are celebrated, their thoughts matter, and everyone feels safe to bring their authentic selves to work. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and aim to attract, develop, and engage top talent from a diverse candidate pool. It is our policy and commitment to provide equal opportunity employment for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.