Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for collecting data on quality attributes of product through performing a series of evaluation. This position is responsible of accurately grading product and filing into the Q.A. Systems in an organized manner, communicating any deviations to Team Leaders and operator work group. The Process Quality Tech must be able to work easily with all supervisors, operators, sanitation workers and other Process Quality Technicians.
Individuals in this position must:
Qualifications & Experience
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures. Be actively involved in safety, participate in safety programs, engaged in safety activities, perform risk assessments, and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety and the safety of other team members.
- Accurately grade product in accordance to our customer specifications and plant procedures.
- Daily review of customer specifications, procedures, and plant memo.
- Continuous collecting, reviewing, and filing of Q.A. data.
- Identify trends of quality attributes and communicating to operator and floor supervisory group.
- Train back-ups and new lab techs
- Maintain a neat and clean work area at all times and exhibit good personal hygiene.
- Perform all other duties assigned/requested by Q.A. Manager, Process Quality Lead and/or Supervisor.
- Follow good housekeeping practices and GMP's.
- Wear required PPE.
- Actively participate in AMD activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a Team Leader
- Must have the ability to work overtime as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job. To successfully perform this job an individual must:
- Sanitation qualification is required. If you are not qualified, you will be trained.
- Ability to accurately use the following equipment, and/or tools, including but not limited to: Blender, weighing apparatus, fryer, grinder, Dicromant, color analyzer.
- Must be able to use a computer for data entry, report generation and research.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Read, understand, and obey all plant rules and practice safety as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Practice proper body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
- Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being performed.
- Actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety, and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player, be organized, and plan ahead.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.Language Skills
Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing. Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The employee:
This job has expired.
- The noise level in the work environment can exceed 85 dB.
- Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts.
- Will frequently be exposed to humid conditions as well as moderate heat.
- May be occasionally work around fumes or airborne particles, chemicals, and vibration.
- Will work around forklift traffic.