At Meta Reality Labs, we are focused on defining the generation of experiences in augmented and virtual reality, and finding new ways for people to connect, and build communities. Join a team of designers, content strategists and researchers who are passionate about building next generation personal computing platforms that put people at the center and enables them to be more present and more connected with people they care most about.You'll be responsible for designing, researching, prototyping, and implementing features for incremental changes as well as future iterations. You'll work with and get feedback from the Design, Engineering and Product management teams in Reality Labs. You will be expected to use your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills.
Product Design Intern, Reality Labs Responsibilities:
- Take people problems and business goals and turn them into something useful and valuable for people using our products
- Work collaboratively with Product, Research and Engineering partners from concept through completion
- Own the end-to-end design (interaction, visual, etc.) of features
- Present designs, prototypes and concepts to cross functional partners and stakeholders
- Provide implementation guidance to engineers and ensure features launch at high quality
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies
- Experience designing applications or software at the level of whole features across a variety of platforms
- Interaction Design experience with ability to define how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs. Ability to use prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense.
- Product thinker with the ability to understand product goals, identify opportunities, and make decisions based on the impact to people and the company.
- Able to clearly and succinctly articulate the goals of your team.
- Must obtain full-time work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Experience with 3D prototyping tools and/or Unity
- Ability to showcase your end to end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts and high-fidelity prototypes
- Intent to return to their degree program after the completion of the internship
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters degree in design or related design field
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.