Together, we move the world-we've been doing it for over 100 years. At MAHLE, as a leading international development partner and systems supplier to the automotive industry, we pursue the objective of making mobility more efficient, more environmentally friendly, more convenient, and more economical. As part of our dual strategy, we are working both on the intelligent combustion engine for the use of hydrogen and other nonfossil fuels and on technologies for fuel cells and e-mobility.
With more than 72,000 employees, MAHLE generated sales of approximately EUR 9,8 billion in 2020 and is represented in over 30 countries with 160 locations, including 12 major research and development centers. Join our MAHLE team! #StrongerTogether
Your Role & Responsibilities
Your Skills & Strengths
- SUMMARY: The position is part of the product engineering team developing the AC compressors. Current product teams are developing and producing a product portfolio consisting of fixed and variable displacement compressors and electrically driven compressors.
- Designing and developing AC compressor components working with design personnel.
- Developing and authoring engineering specifications for components and assemblies to be used in manufacturing facilities to mass-produce compressor components and assemblies
- Creative, diagnostic and innovative problem solving as applied to engineering problems
- Utilize DFMEA/PFMEA processes to provide a robust design prior to mass production
- Blueprint reading and interpretation & specification of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Assist with preparation and execution of test units
- Analyze test data and organize results relative to internal or customer specifications with observations and conclusions
- Apply engineering practices to reach design solutions
- Participate in innovation, product cost and quality improvement initiatives
- Participate in cross-functional teams related to customer program launch activity
- Work with suppliers and manufacturing plants to insure product design for high value and manufacturability
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering or Engineering Technology discipline is required
- 1 or more years of experience in the Development, Testing and/or Validation of Precision, Mechanical or Electrical related products is required
- Understanding of Principles of statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, strengths of materials, thermodynamics, physics (mechanical and electrical) and engineering design
- MATLAB or Visual Basic scripting experience is preferred
- Automotive/Residential / Commercial HVAC development is a plus
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral skills, with ability to convey technical concepts
- Ability to manage time and organize effectively with multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good results orientation and strong work ethic
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.