Novelis Oswego has an exciting opportunity for a Product Engineer! Primary responsibilities can include technical support to the Sheet Groups, providing technical support to the Oswego Works manufacturing units, leading product related quality plans, communicating customer information throughout the entire Oswego facility, and product/process equipment development project participation.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Lead new product quality plans
- Provide technical support to Sheet Product Groups (Automotive, Can, and IPG)
- Conduct detailed customer requirement analysis
- Provide quality incident support at customer locations
- Visit customer locations on a regular basis or as directed
- Communicate customer issues throughout the Oswego plant
- Provide pertinent product data to technical service personnel as required
- Develop new Product Masters
- Review Oswego manufacturing capabilities
- Initiate new product standards when required
- Provide technical support to Oswego Manufacturing Units (as designated) and participate in product quality and process improvement initiatives
- Participate in defect analysis and problem resolution
- Work on and develop various product and process improvement and support projects as directed
- Establish and enforce policies and practices required to provide safe equipment, a safe working environment and safe work practices
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe working conditions at all times
What We Offer:
- A Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline is required
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Material Science/Metallurgical Engineering is preferred. We will consider other engineering disciplines with applicable backgrounds (i.e. - Chemical, Mechanical).
- 5+ years' experience in manufacturing engineering environment a plus
- Ability to communicate and collaborate within teams and with customers
- Candidate must be able to work for any employer within the US without requiring any sponsorship
Novelis benefits say a lot about how we care for each other. Our employees and their families have many different needs. As a result, our benefits offer choices on many levels and are high in quality, competitive in the marketplace, and affordable. These are a few of the benefits we offer to support you and your family's well-being:
- Core benefits coverage (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family premiums starting as low as $75/ month for the employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children
- HSA contributions
- Competitive Paid vacation and personal time off
- Novelis contributes up to 9.5% of your pay into a 401(k) for your Retirement savings
- 8 weeks of paid time off for new parents
- 6-months of short term disability at 100% pay
- Finally, the Novelis holistic Well-Being benefits include programs to support weight loss and management, fitness challenges, 24/7 mental health support, tobacco and substance use cessation programs, lifestyle discounts, and more. Novelis actively explores diversifying our Well-being benefits to support our unique and changing work force.
Novelis' Oswego facility is located on Lake Ontario in north-central New York and employs approximately 1100 people. The Oswego site produces more than a billion pounds of high-quality aluminum sheet each year in order to serve our customers in the automotive beverage can and specialty markets. In addition to museums and public parks many Oswego residents and visitors enjoy boating fishing hiking and other local recreational activities. Novelis is committed to the Oswego community through its ongoing support of the local United Way Habitat for Humanity Oswego Harborfest and many other worthwhile community and civic organizations. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.
This job has expired.