GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
Product Manager for Power Management Technologies providing best in class features and differentiated performance in selected markets.
- Define Technology and Product requirements for GaN Power products
- Work closely with Customers and Technology Development groups to achieve competitive products
- Ability to design and characterize high voltage GaN devices
- Understanding of packaging requirements and package level product characterization
- Team up with end markets experts and customers to provide performance and cost optimal solutions by translating market requirements into product requirements which can become executable documents to the design and technology development teams. Generate Product Requirements Documents that enable competitive technology offerings.
- Understand trade offs between different technology options eg. GaN, SiC, 22-180nm BCD/BCDlite
- Start new programs with detailed business/financial analysis. Work with Fab and Technology Development to create detailed project plans including Opex and Capex requirements.
- Work with Fab, TD, Design Enablement and SBU to approve projects and ensure cost and schedules are on target
- Enable and characterize demo designs in partnership with GF internal design teams and external partners
- Interface with Customers, Business Unit, Sales and QRA through the technology development, qualification and ramp process.
- Communications to R&D and Fab on Power Management business trends and company plans
- Present to senior leadership on trends in Power Management designs, features and technologies
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements, and programs.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education/Experience - M.S. / PhD in EE or equivalent.
- Expertise in basic switching regulator topologies and understands how to optimize / tradeoff for performance, power conversion efficiency and cost. Has worked on projects in the past to optimize process/device technologies and obtain world class power conversion figures of merit
- 5+ years experience in GaN Power or Integrated Voltage Regulator applications
- Years of Experience: 12 years industry experience in Semiconductor Industry. Acknowledged expert in the field of power management products and markets. Extremely familiar with power devices and technology integration. Has launched key products into volume manufacturing. Alternatively, candidate has a strong technology development background and has worked in leading R&D facilities either in academia or industry and influenced industry state of the art.
- Travel Requirements: < 15% of Travel
- Language Fluency: English (Written & Verbal)
- Comfortable engaging with senior leadership of the company. Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent team player and ability to work across org structures.
Expected Salary Range
- Graduate degree in EE or equivalent; MBA is a plus
- Direct experience in power technologies - design or technology development
- Deep knowledge of converter topologies
- Has successfully managed complex technology or design programs with ability to comprehend customer and market timelines and tactically execute to meet those requirements.
- Has worked directly with different design environments and PDK offerings
$150,000.00 - $285,000.00
The exact Salary will be determined based on qualifications, experience and location.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law
This job has expired.