Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
- Attend safety meetings and participate in safety program.
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment throughout the yard.
- Keep grounds clear of debris while maintaining safety standards.
- Assisting the Kiosk Operator with weighing, sorting, and moving material including general duties involving physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
- Operate small equipment such as a forklift. Potential to operate larger industrial equipment.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment reporting any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Preparing autos for processing, such as removing of designated parts, fluids, etc.
- Inspect incoming scrap and/or cars, advising customers of accepted and non-accepted scrap and taking deductions as needed.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
- Minimum of 1-year previous general labor in heavy manufacturing environments, preferably in the scrap metal or construction industries.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.