The Garlock family of companies manufactures industrial sealing and pipeline protection products. We are industry leaders focused on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction. As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
Monday-Friday $21.23 per hour plus shift differential
- Build varied style expansion joints including joints that require reinforcing wire using various hand tools and power tools.
- Working from build sheet follows build procedures and work instructions for building varied styles and sizes of expansion joints.
- Hoists form to building location; cleans marks and locates arch core on form, applies release agent to form as required.
- Using hand and power tools, builds joint applying materials in proper sequence.
- During building, trims and cuts pieces, applies solvent and cement to ply, "cords" joint, applies wire and solders as required, presses and trims flanges.
- Welds coil on joints
- Lays out, cuts, and prepares material for press built expansion joints.
- Maintains and orders raw materials using re-order point signals.
- Installation of molds into clamshell press.
- Operation and set up of clamshell press for molded joints.
- Inspects and may build over FEP liner.
- May prepare joints for curing by wrapping or in other manner.
- Works closely with Production Control and expansion joint personal in matters pertaining to manufacturing schedules, order priorities, material and tooling issues.
- In addition to the expansion joint building operation, the following work is considered an integral part of the builders' duties when required.
- Prepares or makes arch cores
- Cleans and repairs curing plates and forms
- Repairs slip bands, tack welds plates, breaks tack weld on slip plates and the attendant work of slip bands including any grinding or fitting of flange plates.
- Re-cuts material for joint during the building operation.
- Moves forms and joint within the unit during the building operation as necessary.
- Any other work incidental to preparation, building and completion required.
- Use of computer to perform all necessary input including maintenance request, near miss reporting, material requests, and any other incidental information required.
- Records daily production and passes on all pertinent information to effected people in area as required, including electronically or written.
- May also work with and assist process engineer in developing new style joints or processes and work instructions.
- Operates fork-truck to assist in material handling.
- Assists other builders as required.
- Cares for equipment, hand tools, performs daily inspections, and tasks to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Performs other jobs assigned by Supervisor.
JOB SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Problem solving
- High School Diploma or equivalent related experience
- Previous experience in maintenance, manufacturing or production industry preferred
- Previous welding experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written communication and listening skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Flexibility in work schedule.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Posture: Standing
- Maximum weight to be lifted: 35 lbs. (anything over 35 lbs. requires two people or mechanical device)
- Frequency per shift: 70%
- Repetitive motion tasks: lifting and pulling
- Duration of the shift: 80%
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Dirt, fumes, dust and soapstone
- Union environment
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for employee plus eligible dependents
- Employer matching 401K, paid time off, holidays, employee assistance programs, wellness programs, on-site medical staff and fitness center
- Life and AD & D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, and HSA, FSA
- Progressive pay scale
- Welding certification opportunity
Job Type: Full-time EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
This job has expired.