We are actively recruiting for a 3rd Shift Supervisor for our Clinton, IL plant location within our Action Technology Division of Tekni-Plex.
This position is under the direction of the Production Manager. Primary functions include directing and coordinating the line manufacturing operations of third shift to the company standards for quality, safety, quantity, cost, efficiencies, and profitability. This position serves as the primary conduit for fostering a work environment consistent with company philosophy and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Assists in interviewing production new hires, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work for 15-25 employees
- Assists in appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Engage employees in the company’s “My Choice is Zero Accidents” philosophy. Train employees in safe work practices, proactive safety programs and measure performance to company goals/standards.
- Good troubleshooting skills; ability to diagnose and correct machinery and process issues.
- Addresses quality issues with employees and is responsible for the completion of root cause analysis and corrective action reports.
- Professional communication skills; use tact, be a good listener, and use empathy when communicating with others in any form.
- Ability to coach and mentor on an individual basis, as well as with groups.
- Motivates employees for strong work performance and high morale.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Track and communicate production metrics providing visibility to applicable team members.
- Complete and distribute shift reports at the end of each shift.
- Human capital management: Continually train and develop second shift employees to achieve a workforce that performs at a high level.
- Manage payroll, PTO, and attendance for all subordinates.
- Perpetual contributions to cost-savings initiatives through improvements in efficiencies.
- Ensure that established policies, rules, regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Requirements:
- Five years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills are required; intermediate experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to use precision measuring devices such as; micrometer, calipers, and squares.
We offer a full complement of valuable Health, Wellness, and Welfare benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- 401(k) and Match
- Wellness Program including EAP
- Pay for Performance philosophy