Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Job Description Summary:
- Follow all SanCasT safety policies and actively point out any safety concerns.
- Perform all general foundry operations except furnace operator. These operations may include, Molding, Iron-pour, Muller, Break-off, and Brinell.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect product and/or sand molds for defects. Separate Scrap and notify supervision of any production or quality issues.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Inspect product to established standards and work instructions.
- Complete required documentation.
- Read follow and maintain process sheets.
- Place acceptable castings in correct tubs and separate scrap castings.
- Tag Products
- Must be able to read and follow all quality process/work instructions.
- Must obey all safety rules and wear all proper Personal Protection Equipment
- Must perform at least 1 weeks of on the job training with a previously qualified operator and become certified.
- Must know and follow all policies and procedures regarding Safety, Quality, QPS and OSHA
- Must be certified by SanCasT to be a tow motor operator.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be alert, aware of what is going on in his/her surroundings and be able to make decisions quickly and safely. Employee must also know the quality requirements for each casting and make sure each piece meets those requirements.Education/Experience
High School Diploma or GED required.Language
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as Process Sheets, Quality Documents, and required forms. Must be able to read, write and respond to routine correspondence and reports. Must speak clearly, professionally, and confidentially with fellow employees.Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply current safety and operational policy and procedures to the process of manufacturing quality products. Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Must have the ability to recognize safety hazards and act quickly and appropriately. Must have the ability to solve problems and respond to requests from supervision in a timely manner
Must be able to multi-task and meet critical deadlinesPhysical Demands
This position works in the plant environment and must be able to see, speak, hear, walk, sit, climb stairs, bend on a daily basis, and lift at least 80 pounds.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This job has expired.