Job No: 527153
Work Type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Office/Administrative/Fiscal Support, Veteran's Preference Eligible, Environmental/Occupational Safety
Department: 71010000 - EHS-ENVR / HLTH / SAFETY-ADMIN
Issues dosimetry badges for personnel at UF, UF Health/Shands Hospital, and off-site facilities. Maintains dosimetry records and responds to requests for radiation exposure history. Ensures timely issuance and return of dosimetry badges. Issues annual exposure reports and verifies receipt of report. Terminates badges as needed.
Coordinates administrative program support for the university-wide Radiation Safety program including:
- Receiving, tracking, and maintaining updated files and databases for Human Use proposals from WIRB, CIRB, IRB, and IRB-03,
- Producing reports and notices on a regular basis to monitor requirements of radioisotope registration, renewal and training;
- Monitoring and tracking compliance of quarterly and semi-annual leak testing of radioactive sources and maintaining the source database;
- Initial processing of incoming radioactive material requisitions, maintaining requisition database, and assembling reports for periodic inspections by State of Florida inspector.
- Prepares general and confidential documents for Radiation Safety and their related committees.
- Oversees emails to principal investigators and radioactive material users regarding approved procedures, license requirements and exposure notifications.
Maintains listing of badge coordinators and trains all new badge coordinators on their duties.
Screens, directs and manages incoming calls, mail, and visitors.
Other duties as assigned.
$20.00-$21.00 per hour.
Bachelor's degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience.
- Four (4) years appropriate experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of standard business formats and styles for letters and business forms.
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of effective verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection.
- Ability to organize files and other records.
- Ability to compile and analyze data for administrative decisions.
- Ability to type letters memoranda and other standard business forms in correct format.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is eligible for veteran's preference. If you are claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page
for more specific information.
Please attach the following:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:
Yes Applications Close:
16 Jun 2023 To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/527153/program-assistantThe University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.