West Virginia University Health Science Center is currently accepting applications for a Program Assistant II with the Health Information/Information Management Program and the Respiratory Therapy Program
About the Opportunity
The position will assist in coordinating and operationalizing various projects/initiates related to the Health Informatics/Information Management (HI/IM) Program, and the Respiratory Therapy (RT) Program goals and objectives for the students. This position will work closely with the Respiratory Therapy Chairperson and RT Faculty, and the HI/IM Program Director and HI/IM Faculty, and Administrative Director to provide an efficient and service-oriented infrastructure for the academic, research, public service, and the missions of the programs. This position will report to the Administrative Director.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
• 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
• 15 annual leave (vacation) days per year
• 18 sick days per year
(for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
• WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
• 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
• Wellness programs
What you’ll do:
Pay Grade: 13Qualifications
- Provides administrative support to the Chairperson and Faculty within the RT Program, and Program Director, and other Faculty within the HI/IM Program
- Maintain data and prepare reports for assessment
- Participate in preparation of accreditation documents and organization of site visits
- Provides support for teaching that includes:
- Gathering materials, organization, managing exams and evaluations
- Proctoring Exams
- Organization of Continuing Education courses
- Room Scheduling – including room access processes
- Provides for copying/printing of faculty syllabi, handouts, tests, and other course materials for (2) Divisions
- Record information in SOLE as directed by the RT Chairperson, and HI/IM Program Director
- Events planning – social, teaching, recruiting, and retreats for RT Program, and HI/IM Program
- Ordering of supplies for RT Program, and HI/IM Program
- Travel management for division
- Answering phone calls, taking messages, and giving direction accordingly
- Inventory of equipment and supplies for RT Program, and HI/IM Program, including telephone lines and service
- Responsible for gathering information to update the Directory and Web-sites for the RT Program, and HI/IM Program
- Picking up and distributing mail and packages on a daily basis
- Support services for Departmental Meetings and Faculty Committees
- Maintains calendars for Administration and Division calendars
- Scheduling and Confirming of Finals for RT Program, and HI/IM Program
- Pcard purchases and reconciliation within MyExpenses for RT Program, and HI/IM Program
- Supports the Human Performance Administrative Director relative to budgetary inquiries, space management issues, and Digital Measures processes
- Assists with Promotion and Tenure and personnel file administration
- Acts as liaison with Global Engagement Office to resolve faculty and/or student issues
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with RT, and HI/IM Alumni who have graduated for obtaining annual data for purposes of program outcome data and for maintaining our accreditation for the Programs. Will
- Performs other duties as assigned by RT Chairperson, HI/IM Program Director, and Administrative Director
This job has expired.
- Associate's degree in business, accounting, finance or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- One (1) year experience:
- Administrative/Executive Secretary Experience
- General Accounting Experience
- Excellent Typing Skills
- Superb organizational skills;
- Advanced language talent (spelling, grammar, etc.)
- Excellent personnel management ability
- Superior typing dexterity, outstanding computer aptitude, (including word processing, presentation software, spreadsheets, photo editing, flow charts, etc.)
- Exceptional office management capacity
- Professional interaction adeptness, including ability to communicate with multiple personalities and cultures; patience and tolerance.
- Use of calculator, computer, and facsimile on a daily basis. Use of slide projector, overhead projector, and laptop.
- Will be using databases, spreadsheets, word processing, presentation software, and e-mail.