Edwards-Pitman, a wholly owned subsidiary of Braun Intertec and regional leader in environmental compliance, is seeking an experienced Project Ecologist to join our team in Atlanta, GA. The purpose of this role is to join our current team to assist in environmental impact analysis, wetland, stream, and vegetation assessments/monitoring across the southeast. This position will include opportunities for both field and office work and the ability to work with a highly dynamic team of professionals.
- Leading wetland and stream delineation assessments and provide reports based on the findings
- Conduct vegetation inventories
- Prepare proposal packages based on the US Army Corps or Engineers Section 404 permitting process
- Perform all aspects of wetlands assessments, including delineations, mapping, and reporting
- All aspects of environmental assessments to include wildlife and habitat assessments
- Perform GPS data collection and mapping support
- Assist with and prepare written reports, databases, and maps for client and regulatory agencies.
- Provide recommendations to clients based on analysis in environmental assessments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write proposals and perform technical scope writing
- Aptitude for evaluating qualifications and resources needed for projects
- Emerging business development skills
- Strong interest in ecosystems, natural resources, and the outdoors
- Excellent critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently as needed
- Proficient in ArcGIS application
- Strong computer skills, particularly utilizing Microsoft Office applications
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Willingness to do some travel and conduct field work in remote areas and work in adverse conditions occasionally
- Ability to lift and move items/equipment up to 50 pounds
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an environmental discipline (ecology, botany, biology, soil science or related natural resources field)
- 5-8 years' experience required
- Demonstrated basic-level of knowledge of environmental regulations and compliance
The successful candidate will be encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring. Braun Intertec offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, ESOP, PTO, and paid holidays.As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at email@example.com. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.