Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The project engineer will be responsible for supervising the efforts of a group of engineers with an emphasis on leadership. Responsible for the appropriate application of resources to achieve project schedules of medium to large projects. Develops functional and reliable products in a timely manner and within cost targets, and addresses internal and external support requests on a timely basis. This position is an entry level management position.
Leadership - 40% - 60%
General - 40%-60%
- Develops project schedule and coordinates allocation of resources to meet product development schedule and cost targets.
- Leads and directs the efforts of an engineering team for the execution of a project as assigned
- Fosters good working relationships with the team and the entire organization
- Reviews work and makes clear assignments
- Sets individual goals for team members and manages performance
- Participates in talent acquisition process and makes recommendations for hiring of new employees
- Manages workload, balances priorities and allocates resources to satisfy customer requirements and meet departmental performance goals.
- Flexes and allocates resources as needed across product groups within the Engineering department.
- Supervises assigned personnel during the design, building and field-testing of prototypes and early production models.
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEducation
- Completes assigned projects within pre-defined cost targets, schedule timelines, and project specifications.
- Meets requirements of function, reliability, safety and performance of machine operation.
- Responsible for interfacing with Suppliers and Customers as appropriate during design, implementation, and test phases of development. Drives product conceptual designs and concept trade off analysis.
- Evaluates design for consistency across product lines
- Communicates design status and schedule to management team.
- Drives new technology with a constant focus on generating intellectual property
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced degree or Project Management Certification
Preferred ExperienceTechnical Skills
- 7 - 10 years engineering experience
- Design of mobile hydraulic heavy equipment and systems and their environments.
- Experienced in 3D CAD modeling. Proficiency in Pro E Creo is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to communicate technical information in a concise and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated capability as a strong engineer
- Strong Project and team leadership skills
- Strong Verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Results driven
- Strategic focus
- High level of integrity
- Conflict resolution skills
Work is primarily light duty and requires the ability to regularly lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to sit, stand and walk unassisted. Requires the use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to talk or hear. Normal correctable vision is required.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.