Responsible for planning, managing and leading the overall direction and execution of an AVI-SPL office Project Management group ensuring high quality project deliverables meet time, scope, budget, quality and customer satisfaction expectations through direct leadership, individual/team development, adherence to AVI-SPL process/policy standards and coordination with local Operations Management and VP, Project Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, document and direct Project Management team development of office and corporate goals through action plans and timelines, providing metrics of plan performance - all in coordination with local Operations Management and the VP, Project Management.
- Provide leadership and guidance to local Project Management team to ensure projects are well planned, well organized and well communicated from kickoff through delivery.
- Share, teach and reinforce the use of AVI-SPL standard practice across the team.
- Assist the Project Management team in proper project planning and forecasting, schedule development and resource needs
- Review ongoing project financial metrics and initiate appropriate tactics to bring project budgetary goals into alignment.
- Assist the Project Management team with appropriate project change management strategies
- Drive the Project Management team to elicit project results to satisfy customer requirements to obtain AVI-SPL Net Promoter Score goals.
- Ensure efficient and effective Project Management training & direction where deficiencies exist.
- Act as an escalation point for the team to help resolve project issues.
- Provide individual PM performance feedback to Operations Management as requested.
- Interface directly with clients on projects as required to ensure positive project outcome and customer experience.
- Execute team development strategies targeted to ensure skill enhancement, collaboration and success of the Project Management team.
- Assign projects to Project Management team members, matching skill set and project complexity.
- Participate in bid interview process and peer review of Project Management budget estimation.
- Conduct ongoing performance reviews of team members and make staffing/hiring recommendations based on the outcomes of these reviews.
- Promote leadership through collaboration, cooperation and communication across functions within the office to strengthen Project Management outcomes.
Skills and Abilities
- Other duties assigned as needed
Education and/or Experience
- Proven ability to significantly contribute toward or lead operation initiatives with a results-oriented approach
- Ability to mentor, educate, and develop members of the team
- Advanced knowledge and application of Project Management skills and techniques
- Ability to understand the team and provide solutions for optimal performance
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills in a team-oriented, collaborative environment to create alignment within the Project Management team
- Exceptional strategic thinking and structured problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated experience managing Project Management teams in the Audio Visual, Construction, Technology (Structured Cabling / Security) or related industry is required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as a Project Manager in the Audio Visual industry required.
- Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP) or PRINCE2-Practitioner Certification is preferred.
- Formal education in Audio Visual, Construction, Technology or related field is preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment as well as client or construction sites. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. The work environment is generally moderate in noise (inter-office conversations and computers/printers). Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided as needed when construction site visits are required.Physical Requirements
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position regularly requires employees to sit, walk, and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment.
This position will typically have up to 10 resources from the AVI-SPL Project Management track as direct reports.Work Hours
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as deems necessary
AVI-SPL is an AA/Disabled/Veteran Protected EmployerVEVRAA Federal Contractor
This job has expired.