JOB SUMMARY: This position requires an engaged, energetic, and detail-oriented individual to join our street team, and gain experience in event planning, marketing, and the radio & media industry!
Our Promotion Assistants (PAs) prep, plan and manage events to drive awareness through listener interaction and event marketing for all three Cumulus Chicago radio stations, including 94.7 WLS - Classic Hits, 101WKQX - Alternative, and WLS AM 890 - News/Talk.
The ideal individual is eager, helpful, aware, approachable and will learn to anticipate and respond to attendee, client, or artist needs. They are able to initiate conversations and connect with fans/attendees by communicating in a genuine and articulate way for each radio station. Every week is different, and hours vary depending on the season.
- Execute and lead all station and sales promotional events (ticket drops, appearances, pop-ups, guerilla marketing, concerts, festivals, games, community, live broadcasts, etc.).
- Represent each radio station in the best light.
- Create listener and client satisfaction through superior customer service and attention to detail.
- Correspond with clients, vendors and/or venue organization at concerts and promotional events to ensure that all needs are met.
- Assist in winner correspondence and fulfillment including logging prize winners and distributing prizes.
- Assist in maintenance of station vehicles and make sure they are in safe working order.
- Outgoing and upbeat personality is a MUST!
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with the public, coworkers, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work independently and operate effectively in high-pressure, time-critical situations
- Be able to work 20-30 hours/per week. Various hours including nights and weekends.
- Valid driver's license with exceptional driving record
- Ability to multi-task and work long and varied hours
- Marketing, promotions, or event background or interest
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). College enrolled or degree preferred.
- Previous experience within radio, media, marketing, promotion, PR and/or special events.
- Computer proficient (i.e., Outlook, Microsoft Office, Google Docs)
- Must be willing to work in a smoke-free environment.
- Experience with video editing, web design, sound tech, writing, photography, event planning &/or digital marketing a plus.
[What is described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.]
- Substantial physical movement is required for this position. Must be able to lift & transport various equipment, including heavy items up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Should be capable of maintaining oral communications despite various noise levels.
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: [ Link Removed ] CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This job has expired.