Responsible for investigating and confirming the facts of loss for complex Homeowner's Claims. Determines coverage, damages and otherwise adjusts and negotiates claims within limit of authority. Responsible for creating a comprehensive estimate of damages for complex first party homeowner claims leading to the proper disposition. This role is utilized as peer mentor having mastered our processes and obtained technical expertise.
- Exhibits mastery estimating fundamentals in order to create estimates of damages on complex 1st party homeowner losses of all severities
- Applies mastered content in interpretations of all policy types written by the company and assists leadership in formal and ad hoc training
- Negotiates settlements, makes settlement payments and documents all activities in the most complex of files
- Interprets regulatory compliance and fair claims practices
- Builds mastered relationships with both internal and external customers
This job does not have supervisory dutiesPreferred Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to obtain and maintain adjuster licenses as required
- Possess knowledge of estimatics software, Xactimate and comparable tools.
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate electronic devices including computers, cameras and cell phones
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skills in time management, organization, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adhere to project deadlines and remain flexible in a changing environment
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.