The New Program Development Specialist - Knowledge Management (KM) Emphasis will apply understanding and knowledge of grant writing and project funding to advance proposal development in Jhpiego's New Program Development (NPD) Department by providing overall coordination through the lifecycle of lower complexity proposals. This position may occasionally assist and support, moderate complexity proposals with guidance from higher levels.
The NPD Specialist - KM Emphasis will help to identify and assess requirements of select proposals and coordinate meetings, deliverables, review sessions, and inputs for submission. Additionally, they will foster strong relationships and provide strong customer service to identify and support the needs of proposal teams. The individual in this role will provide meaningful insights and recommendations to support successful execution of NPD initiatives, frameworks and approaches.
To advance knowledge management for proposal teams, the NPD Specialist - KM Emphasis will help to develop and follow standard processes to maintain, organize, revise, update and disseminate relevant materials, information and data relevant for proposals and to create materials to attract potential donors (e.g. pitch decks). The individual in this position will help to draft compelling and creative write-ups of Jhpiego's achievements across countries and technical areas to include in positioning, proposal, and reference documents, with guidance and supervision from the KM Advisor. To ensure that this up-to-date information and language is available on short notice, the Specialist will be responsible for actively maintaining the knowledge management systems that NPD uses to store project information, namely technical capacity statements and past performance references. The Officer will conduct donor prospect research and support other efforts to pursue new business for Jhpiego, including participating in leads development, identification and dissemination of opportunities, scanning for potential new business opportunities, conducting opportunity analysis, having regular communications with field staff, tracking the status of results of ongoing projects and monitoring activities of competitors, partners and donors.
To advance knowledge sharing in NPD and with proposal teams, the Specialist - KM Emphasis will provide recommendations and support to departmental Knowledge Exchange Meetings. The Officer may also contribute to maintaining, managing and running reports on NPD's proposal library, NPD-related content in Jhpiego's customer relationship management system (CRM), and other NPD tools and resources as needed.
We seek a creative, pro-active and passionate professional with a growth mindset who thrives on playing any role which helps turn ideas into action, working with and through technical and multi-disciplinary teams. The selected candidate can expect to grow core competencies in developing and refining compelling proposal content and sharpening draft narrative. Similarly, the selected candidate will grow in the areas of interpreting motivators behind donor interests, particularly within private sector and foundation donors, and translating these interests into effective donor strategy and supports the NPD team in relationship management across the organization and with external stakeholders.
Supporting the NPD Function with a KM Emphasis
- Provides meaningful insights and recommendations to support successful execution of NPD initiatives, frameworks, and approaches
- Supports the KM Advisor and other KM team members to develop and manage protocols, including gathering and regularly updating data and project information in Jhpiego's CRM platform and other KM platforms
- Coordinate updates for information in Jhpiego's internal-facing electronic libraries
- Work with KM Advisor and other KM team members to draft and help to maintain ready-to-use master documents which contain well-crafted language illustrating Jhpiego's capacity and experience in various technical areas and country contexts, for use in non-technical sections of project proposals and partnering discussions (capacity statements)
- Provide recommendations and coordination/support for departmental Knowledge Exchange Meetings.
- Contribute to maintaining, managing and running reports on NPD's proposal library, NPD-related content in Jhpiego's customer relationship management system (CRM), and other NPD tools and resources as needed.
- With support from KM Advisor and Manager, draft proposal organizational capacity sections and positioning documents, including pitch decks and slides.
- Capture existing proposal content, relevant donor feedback and program results to present in future proposals.
- Supports sub-proposals and low-to-moderately complex prime proposals that do not require substantial new teaming or recruitment, or new technical areas (e.g. sole source to Jhpiego, opportunities without partners, replication of current work), where Jhpiego is the prime, including production of proposal submissions, assuring on-time delivery of all documents.
- Applies understanding of the critical path of proposal development
- Sources information and works with program and technical staff, drafts, edits and synthesizes proposal content in the format that will be most appealing to the donor (e.g. concept note, slide deck), including content for pitch ideas, corporate capability statements, past performance references, and other related content
- Works via proposal team members and/or reviewers to assure proposals meet a clearly defined scope of work, including a strong value proposition which appeals directly to the donor while aligned with Jhpiego priorities, interests and capacity, as well as clearly defined donor requirements. This may also include theory of change (as appropriate), objectives and outcome metrics.
- Drafts proposal writing outlines and calendars, leveraging standard templates and providing recommendations for future enhancement
- Supports proposal managers and teams developing job descriptions, formulating or formatting CVs, coordinating design meetings, technical reviews, etc.
- Gathers and analyses opportunity feedback from stakeholders, including to support bid and no-bid decisions
- Provides regular reporting on proposal status and results
- Ensures non-technical proposal content complies with client needs
- Supports transition of awarded projects to implementation team
- May serve as NPD counterpart for select countries and substantively contributes to developing a country office pipeline and related positioning, as needed
- Serves as a liaison between NPD and select technical area(s), supporting strategy, positioning and pursuit of targeted opportunities. This can include supporting landscape analysis and advising on new donors or opportunities, aligned with country-office interests and priorities
- Fosters positive relationships with competitors, partners and donors, as appropriate
- Supports recruitment efforts and liaises with Global Human Resources (GHR) to gather candidate information, coordinate the posting of positions etc. Liaises with prime contractors and organizations related to specific proposal opportunities
- Supports teams in preparation of external facing activities (introductory or pitch meetings, conferences/networking events, etc.). This could include but is not limited to: research on donors, synthesizing info on market into a landscape analysis, organizing slide decks, drafting key messages, and other prep
NPD Departmental Support & Enablement
Special Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Identifies and tracks potential procurements that are consistent with Jhpiego's core competencies and strategic interests
- Gathers, synthesizes and supports analysis of information about donors, partners and competitors
- Maintains updated information in Jhpiego's internal-facing electronic libraries
- Supports development and implementation of office processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency through input and recommendations
- Drafts, routes and track contractual documents
- Retains existing proposal content, relevant donor feedback and program results to present in future proposals
- Supports development, refinement and implementation of guidance, tools and processes to constantly improve the effectiveness & efficiency of NPD
- Experience authoring papers or proposals related to global public health or related development fields
- Basic familiarity with global health priorities, especially related to service delivery and/or other key technical health areas (MNH, Family Planning, HIV, HSS, BCC, health policy, etc.)
- Working knowledge of international and U.S. donor agencies.
- Extremely organized and able to collect and curate documents on online platforms and KM systems.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills. Good technical writing and content development skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Highly proficient in MS Office and online resources
- Ability to work additional hours during peak times such as proposal preparation and production
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills, and ability to collaboratively in teams
- Aware of and sensitive to working with diverse groups in a developing country environment
- Master's degree in a related field
- Five years related experience
- 2 years of global health experience
- Understanding of the proposal lifecycle, basic knowledge of grant writing and knowledge management, and excellent writing skills that can be leveraged to contribute to proposal organizational capacity sections and past performance references.
- Oral and written fluency in French (most preferred) Portuguese or Spanish
- Experience living and working for several months in low- and middle-income countries on relevant topics
- Knowledge and understanding of global health priorities, especially related to service delivery and/or other key technical health areas (MNH, Family Planning, HIV, HSS, BCC, health policy, etc.)
- Ability to travel independently internationally, particularly to low-resource countries
- Ability to effectively synthesize and organize others' ideas into cogent narrative
- Ability to effectively query databases, such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
Classified Title: Proposal Officer
Working Title: Proposal Officer
Starting Salary Range: $55,470 - $66,564 Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department name: 60000102-New Program Development - NPD
Personnel area: Academic and Business Centers Total Rewards
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion
.Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfAccommodation Information
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Proposal-Officer-MD-21231/1035646600/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.