At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.You are best suited for the role if you... Primary Responsibilities
How you will make contributions that matter...
THIS IS FOR NIGHT SHIFT HOURS!
The Quality Assurance Supervisor works closely with the Quality Assurance Manager to establish, monitor, and maintain all programs involved with food safety and quality for raw materials, primary packaging, and finished goods.
- Supervise Quality Assurance Technicians and Janitorial team. Assist as needed
- Focus on GFSI programs for food safety, regulatory and quality programs, which include implementation, employee training, and documentation.
- Promote and adhere to all policies and procedures relating to Good Manufacturing Practices, food safety and regulatory compliance.
- Focus on CAPA programs including General, CCP, Hold and Customer Complaints.
- Support for metal detector checks to ensure adherence to the HACCP program.
- Review new products as needed for product quality requirements and specification changes.
- Review Statistical Process Control (SPC) documentation for regulatory compliance. (as needed)
- Review all quality records for completeness and accuracy. Communicate issues to shift supervisors for follow-up and corrective action.
- Monitor calibration program.
- Monitor and perform GMP inspections.
- Assist with customer, third party and regulatory plant inspections; perform/assist with vendor plant inspections as needed.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring the Hold and Release program.
- Issue and follow-up on raw material complaints to vendors. (as needed)
- Investigate and assist in response to customer complaints. (as needed)
- Assist with mock recall exercises twice per year, or at customer request.
- Monitor traceability records for completeness and accuracy. Provides training for employees.
- Write/train/maintain/monitor Quality Assurance policies and programs as required.
- Assist with specific customer grading and sampling as required. (as needed)
- Perform analytical testing of finished products as required. (as needed)
- Provides customer specifications and customer questionnaire requests via customer request or internal customer requests.
- Support for label proofing.
- Support for new specification approval process.
- Responsible for food safety and quality.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures relating to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), food safety and Saputo Management Policy Statement.
We support and care for our employees by providing them with...
- Bachelor of Science or Associate Degree food related required at minimum.
- Ability to be on call 24/7.
- Flexibility in hours.
- Experience managing others & completing performance evaluations strongly desired
- Experience or knowledge in Microbiology desired
- Good organizational, problem solving, decision making and technical skills.
- Efficient with Microsoft Office.
- Able to utilize math skills for monitoring weight control.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of food and dairy industry and /or manufacturing.
- Occasionally lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs, sometimes up or down stairs.
- Able to work on temperatures between 30° - 80° F
- Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.