Job ID: 320539
Texas Materials is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier, which is A CRH Company, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Materials is part of CRH's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Texas Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Quarry Palnt Mechanic position today and jumpstart your career with the Texas Materials family!
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be e required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
Work & Physical Requirements
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSA regulations for safe working procedures.
- Report any problems to your manager.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific duty.
- Perform record keeping of time and parts used on the appropriate forms.
- Perform general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
- Must know conveyer set up and repair
- Must know how to welding and cut
- Must know Plant systems troubleshooting
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operate and upkeep on company owned truck
- Work and communicate with multiple plant operators and supervisors
- Frequent 24 hour on call during peak production times
- Follow lock out tag out procedures
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Must be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Must be able to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to move/carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements.
- Must be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
Education / Experience
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 1-2 year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Texas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Austin Job Segment:
Mechanic, Plant, Maintenance Mechanic, Electrical, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering
This job has expired.