We are looking for an R&D Specialist who will work primarily to develop next-generation sequencing technologies. We are responsible for method development in the area of omics profiling to support various research groups across Regeneron.
In this role, a typical day might include performing the following:
This job might be for you if:
- Conduct proof-of-principle, validation and optimization experiments to assist in the development of various omics profiling technologies such as RNA-seq, DNA-seq, protein expression, and epigenetics profiling.
- Commonly employ laboratory techniques include: Nucleic acid extraction, purification, and QC; Reverse transcription; PCR, qPCR; NGS library construction and QC.Sequence on Illumina and nanopore platforms.
- Handle tissue culture, primary cells, or biological fluids.
- Responsible for cell staining and imaging.
- Develop, improve, and troubleshoot protocols with guidance.
- You enjoy working productively in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work.
- With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
To be considered for the role, you must have Bachelor's Degree in Molecular Biology or related field with 3-5 years of laboratory research experience. Understanding of scientific principles and experimental design. Experience with NGS library preparation and sequencing or cell culture, preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.