Job ID: 306999
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- General plant maintenance including repairs to equipment.
- Job requires physical ability to frequently climb, bend, reach, lift 75 to 100 lbs occasionally, and walking stairs regularly.
- Perform general equipment repairs by methods of cutting, welding.
- Safe and efficient use of Oxygen And Acetylene torches and other various hand tools.
- Ensure that measures are followed in respect to use of equipment to keep in compliance with federal and state regulations, including OSHA, MSHA, DEP, etc.
- Must complete required daily reporting including lockout tag out paperwork and daily TRACK forms.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Attend various training initiatives as necessary including crane school to run Boom truck.
- Company will provide industry specific tools but candidate must provide basic tools.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Company will supply some specialty tools but everyday tools must be provided by employee.
- Strict adherence to The Shelly Company Manual of Safety Practices & Procedures.
- Strict adherence to The Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the book of company policies.
Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position: Hard Hat, Reflective Vest, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and fall protection as needed. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Trade school preferred.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. PC/COMPUTER SKILLS:
Limited computer skills necessary. Proficiency with Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are a plus. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Fine motor X
Repetitive Motion X
This position requires an employee to lift:
0 - 10 lbs X
10 - 25 lbsX
25 - 50 lbsX
50 - 100 lbsX WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and may require protective equipment.
Exposed to NoiseX
Exposed to High HeatX
Moving Equipment X
Working with Others XWhat CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jul 20, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Columbus Job Segment:
Maintenance, Plant, Plant Operator, Welding, Supply, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.