Job TitleSCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 2:00pm -10:00pm, 2nd shift
Dairy Farmers of Americahas immediate job openings for skilled Refrigeration Technician, responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets. This position ensures the continued operation of machinery and equipment in an electrical, mechanical, refrigeration, pneumatic and hydraulic capacity by completing planned and unplanned maintenance requirements on production, packaging, processing equipment and utility systems.
Dairy Farmers of Americais a farmer-owned brand of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a dairy marketing cooperative owned by more than 12,500 family farmers. Our mark matters and it represents the wholesomeness of dairy that we share with our communities and loved ones. DFA manufactures a variety of dairy products, including cheese, butter, fluid milk, ice cream, dairy ingredients and more, under well-known and established regional brands. Our fingerprints touch thousands of brands across the marketplace, and we’re passionate about delivering the simple pleasures of dairy to people everywhere, straight from our family farm-owners. At DFA, we create ice cream andare proud to provide families with fresh, delicious dairy.
By joining DFA, you can help us continue to make a difference that matters. We care deeply about the well-being of our neighbors and friends, and we celebrate the diversity of our company and our world. It takes an incredible team to deliver the goodness of dairy and enrich our communities – come join us!
OUR MECHANICS FOR THIS POSITION CAN MAKE UP TO:
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Service recognition and employee rewards*
- Uniforms provided
- Work for dairy farm families
*varies by company and governing CBAs Requirements
DFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Description:
The Refrigeration Mechanic installs and repairs industrial and commercial refrigerating systems according to blueprints and engineering specifications, using knowledge of refrigeration, structural layout, and function and design of components.
- Maintain and perform preventative maintenance activities on ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records.
- Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
- Is engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing refrigeration equipment.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.Pay Range