At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
**Remote position with travel
How you will make contributions that matter:
- Responsible for implementing and sustaining the organization's Health and Safety management programs, directing health and safety activities for all assigned plants and locations to ensure regulatory compliance, and protecting human health and the environment.
- Assist the plants with developing, implementing and sustaining plant specific policies, procedures and programs to achieve and maintain compliance with occupational safety related laws and regulations.
- Implement divisional Health & Safety directives across assigned plants and facilities.
- Maintain working knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety regulations.
- Develop Health Safety champions in the plants, driving accountability into supervisory levels.
- Conduct audits and inspections of plant and warehousing activities. Train others on conducting such audits and inspections. Inform plant management of conditions which could lead to potential violations of laws and regulations or company policies and procedures and support resolutions.
- Support health and safety teams and the activities of its members.
- Review incident reports, conduct investigations, and take appropriate action steps to address problems.
- Assess costs to the company from safety incidents and report to management to facilitate decision-making.
- Provide safety guidance and recommendations to operations, engineering, and other departments on any plant projects.
- Provide leadership in all areas of Health & Safety.
You are best suited for the role if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in environmental or chemical engineering, safety management, industrial hygiene, industrial risk, management or a related field or equivalent experience. Minimum 5 years of health and safety experience in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations is required.
- Ability to develop relationships and influence managers through strong customer orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills as well as strong and positive leadership presence.
- Ability to persist in sustaining initiatives past project completion dates.
- Strong sense of urgency in solving problems and getting the work done.
- Train and motivate others to champion Health & Safety success.
- Business knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to conceptualize and lead change initiatives.
- Ability to travel frequently (up to 50%) and work flexible hours.
We support and care for our employees by providing them with:
- Development opportunities that enhance your career fulfillment
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.