West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for (Part-time) Regional RADx-UP Research Assistant with the School of Public Health Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
About the Opportunity
The purpose of this position is to implement (with multiple partners) the RadX Testing Initiative strategies and activities to increase availability and uptake of SARS CoV-2 testing among West Virginians. This projects also seeks to deploy these resources using a First Responder Network in these communities. This position will work with the PI’s and Project Coordinators to provide support and resources to the areas that need them the most as the pandemic modifies in different areas over time.
The assistants will be based regionally around WV to coordinate between the project team and each participating entity. These assistants will to travel to designated testing events at designated sites throughout the state . These assistants will also conduct SARS CoV-2 testing and administer data collection survey at the testing events. Travel is required for this position.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a variety of options to suit your needs.
What you’ll do:
- Implements RadX Testing Initiative activities.
- Provide SARS CoV-2 testing at community testing events.
- Works with partners to plans and conduct testing events in region based on the state needs identified by the RadX Testing Initiative.
- Reports project plans, progress, and ensures that required project data are submitted.
- Works closely and cooperatively with PIs, Project Coordinators, and other staff to develop principles for the effective provision and delivery of technical assistance and dissemination materials and ensure that methods are in line with determined project deliverables and grounded in research/evidence.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, health sciences, social sciences, health communications, or a related field;
- One (1) year of experience in a medical office, community outreach, and/or community/practice-based participatory research; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- High degree of creativity and self-motivation.
- Substantial ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Skilled at developing and managing relationships with diverse communities and individuals
- Experience and skilled in standard office computing and computer software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office applications particularly including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Skilled in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Skilled in monitoring and assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements to take corrective action.
- Skills in, or knowledge of, professional principles, legal and/or reporting requirements affecting extramurally sponsored projects.
- Skilled at operating effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment & meet deadlines.
- Skilled to prepare comprehensive reports and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Adobe conversions and other related applications.
- High-level oral and written communications skills necessary to explain complex guidelines to appropriate management staff, to justify recommendations, and to interact with regulatory agencies and auditors
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as program solicitations, form instructions, manuals, etc.
- Skilled in speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to understand and create spreadsheets.
- Proficient in basic understanding of research design(s) and descriptive and inferential statistics, in order to interpret & communicate findings of CTSI-related research.
- Ability to interpret peer-reviewed scholarly work based on significance and approach (theoretical & analytical).
- Skilled at conducting literature reviews of existing scholarly work in areas related to the CEO mission and aims.
- Skilled at understanding and integrating the challenges and opportunities for conducting community and clinic-based research within/with community health centers.
- Able to identify deadlines and schedule work to ensure that deadlines are met.
Experience conducting SARS CoV-2 testing is preferredAbout WVU
The ability to travel to WVUs regional campuses and/or within the multi-state area is required.
This job has expired.