The Software Engineer Lead Consultant architects and designs their digital products using modern tools, technologies, frameworks, and systems. They apply a systematic application of scientific and technological knowledge, methods, and experience to the design, implementation, testing, and documentation of software. They own and manage running their application in production, and ultimately becomes accountable for the success of their digital products through achieving KPIs.
- Participate in inceptions and iteration planning meetings, infusing backlogs with technical input working in close partnership with the product manager
- Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Leads and participates in retrospectives; demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy
- Partners in collaboration and strategy alignment across product portfolios (cross-product) in partnership with product managers, other peers and key stakeholders
- Serves as an expert on one or more business domain and a distinguished advocate of multiple technology stacks and shares that knowledge across organizations
- Coaches the team and leads daily practices of using paired programming and test-driven development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
This job does not have supervisory dutiesPreferred Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- 5 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Hands on experience and accountability architecting, designing, implementing and delivering large scale distributed systems and/or applications for the cloud, including microservices architectures and 12-factor principles
- Experience and knowledge in developing REST APIs including tooling for documentation (swagger, REST-docs, openapi spec), versioning, service discovery/registration, testing and management; experience using API gateways a plus
- Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
- Experience in backend development design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge and experience using distributed version control systems (git), artifact management systems, build and packaging systems (maven, gradle, npm, artifactory, etc...) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TravisCI, Concourse, Bamboo, GoCD).
- Actual experience working in an eXtreme Programming (XP) or agile environment; experienced working in a paired programming/engineering model
- Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge and experience in testing frameworks like junit, mockito, jasmine, protractor, cucumber, and other like technologies
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.