The Software Engineer - Associate Manager puts the system user at the center of everything they do; ensuring that users receive the most value out of the products being developed. They own and manage running their application in production and is accountable for the success of their digital products through achieving key performance indicators. The Software Engineer Associate Manager selects, leads, counsels, motivates, sets expectations and evaluates small to medium teams. Additionally, they advise direct reports on administrative policies and procedures, risks, issues, problem resolution, and priorities. This person assists in defining, implementing and prioritizing IT policies, procedures, and best practices. The Software Engineer Associate Manager influences team and business results.
- Acts as a player coach in leading by example in day to day execution of the build out of technical product capabilities
- Leads and participates in inceptions and iteration planning meetings, infusing backlogs with technical input working in close partnership with the product manager
- Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Leads and participates in retrospectives; demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy
- Leads the effort of shaping the architecture and design of the product
- Collaborates on strategy across product portfolios in partnership with product managers, other peers and key stakeholders
- Serves as the anchor of the team and practices technical leadership; helping guide the team in choosing the right technology, solving technical problems, and resolving any technical conflicts within the team
- Coaches the team and leads daily practices of using paired programming and test-driven development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices and advocates for a strong culture through personal behavior and coaching of all lab roles.
- Working knowledge designing, debugging, and testing REST APIs
- Working knowledge of related technologies such as: Internet Information Server and Active Directory
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, with the ability to transform documented use cases into prototypes and finished solutions
- Developing applications utilizing ASP.NET and/or .NET Core.
- Good working knowledge of object-oriented design and SOLID principles.
- Able to write technical documentation.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of related experience
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.