Software Engineer Consultant II implements applications following 12-factor principles to build out the product and iterative enhancements. They partner on full stack of software products; developing and implementing frontends (web or mobile), and backend services. They leverage test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products. They actively participate in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs.
- Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team's backlog
- Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Collaborates within the team in designing systems and apps
- Practices daily paired programming and test-driven development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- Participates in knowledge sharing, and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the team
This job does not have supervisory dutiesPreferred Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Understanding of computer science concepts, object-oriented design principles
- Some experience developing software in different programming languages
- Some experience in backend development design and implementation
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.