At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring new ideas to life. As a Renal Account Specialist in Colorado-Wyoming , you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
AstraZeneca's strategy in CVRM (Cardiovascular Renal Metabolic) focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality, and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across cardiovascular (CV) disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for developing and positioning AstraZeneca as a leader through development of long term relationships with key Nephrologists and targeted hospital accounts.
- You will develop a superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, product efficacy and safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- You will also develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory.
- As needed you will provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within the ethical guidelines of AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
- You will regularly use a wide variety of promotional resources, analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine the use of resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs to accomplish sales objectives.
- You will work with your Regional Business Director and Divisional Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in territory.
- You will drive sales performance and ensure the sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory goals, while managing your budget.
- You will successfully complete all training requirements, including your product examinations. You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plan.
- You will work with other Renal Metabolic Specialty Sales Specialists to achieve common objectives and coordinated selling efforts.
- You will provide timely and administrative management of work hours, sales data, customer objectives, communication responses, synchronization, sample and expense reporting.
- You will work within the framework of AstraZeneca's Company Values.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least two years of documented, full-time, successful pharmaceutical sales
- Strong clinical skill, and sales ability
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Internal candidate must be Career Ladder Level 2 and above
This job has expired.
- Four or more years in AZ Pharmaceutical Sales (Internal Only), or related sales experience, preferably in the Nephrology and Cardiology areas
- Experience working with Medical Information Scientists (MIS)