It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
44030100 SurgeryScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.