It's more than a career, it's a calling.
WI-SSM Health St. Clare Meadows Care Center
Responsible for providing skilled nursing care to residents according to established care plan and in compliance with federal and state regulations. Provides guidance and direction to ancillary staff.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Provides quality care to acute, subacute, and chronically ill residents, administers medications and treatments according to standards of care, and maintains competency in all required nursing skills.
- Provides direction to CNAs and monitors the workflow of the unit to ensure coordination of care. Uses nursing process for: assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation. Report significant changes to physician as indicated.
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications at the beginning and end of each shift. Ensures accurate distribution of medications to all residents according to the 5 rights. Monitors for medication side effects. Ensures that medications are provided in a manner consistent with manufacturer's guidelines.
- Gives guidance and direction to auxiliary staff. Participates in report meetings at the beginning and end of each shift. Communicates with residents, guardians, and family members on the current condition and needs of residents in accordance with regulations and standards of practice. Provides teaching and training to residents and families as needed.
- Ensures that preventative measures are in place such as: specialty mattresses, foam boots, weekly skin checks, turning/repositioning schedules, toileting schedules, and cushions in all wheelchairs. Follows up on reports of rashes, open areas, edema, blisters, skin tears, or bleeding.
- Responds promptly to alarms. Ensures that restraint alternatives are in place/activated including: personal alarms, cushion alarms, wheelchair belts, tumble mats, alarm mats, bolstered beds, hip protectors.
- Provides and ensure quality end of life care. Uses comfort basket to meet resident and family needs. Ensures hygiene, comfort, and spiritual needs are met. Treats pain/restlessness. Offers family courtesy meal trays and other amenities. Demonstrates compliance with post-mortem care procedures. Participates in departure ceremony.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
18010036 Nursing - RNScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.