The incumbents in this role will be responsible for applying in-depth knowledge, competencies, and skills within the SameDay Care Department. The incumbent will establish goals and priorities in accordance with patient care needs, staff needs, and organizational objectives, and in accordance with age-appropriate care criteria for urgent care department services ranging in age from infant through geriatric. Nurses are accountable for the quality of care rendered in accordance with Billings Clinic's 14 forces of Magnetism.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service. Demonstrates positive, supportive, caring behaviors in communication with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and others both internal and external to Billings Clinic.
• Utilizing a holistic approach and evidenced based nursing practices, incorporates the nursing process into the plan of care for the patient. Plan of care should include biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, and discharge planning. (Patient Care, Nursing, Plan of Care)
• Evaluates patient's status via phone and in office setting. Advises patient appropriately. (Patient Care, Nursing, Triage)
• Demonstrates positive, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and others. core
• Plans, organizes, implements, evaluates and documents safe therapeutic patient centered care consisted with Billings Clinic values, goals and departmental policies and procedures. (Patient Care, Nursing, Patient Care)
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance. Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate corrective action. core
• Maintains appropriate theoretical and clinical skills with application and patient relevance of commonly utilized equipment specific to the SameDay Care Department and other areas as appropriate; pharmacological application; application of laboratory values and radiologic findings with disease process or physiological status. (Patient Care, Nursing, Maintains Clinical Skills)
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient care. Evaluates current nursing practices within the SameDay Care Department to identify opportunities for modification that would enhance professional practice, maintain or improve patient care while remaining fiscally sound. core
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains proficiency and knowledge within a rapidly changing environment. core
• Incorporates the 14 forces of Magnetism in transforming the work environments and for enhancing quality of nursing care. (Patient Care, Nursing, Magnet)
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the Same Day Care Department, or organization.
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago
Jefferson City, Missouri
Posted about 4 hours ago