Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job:
To deliver batteries and provide exceptional customer service to a predetermined route of customers and dealers within your territory.
- Deliver batteries and provide service each dealer on your route in a timely manner.
- Follow all Environmental Health and Safety rules and policies
- Establish, build and maintain good dealer relationships.
- Complete documentation on a timely basis.
- Maintain the route by keeping displays clean and keeping dealer list up to date
- Invoice all units that fail to last warranty period
- Rotate batteries to maintain quality product and service standards
- Collect and handle payments on account, which may include cash, checks and money orders
- Collect and return junk and/or used batteries.
- Load and unload truck
- Must possess current DOT Medical Certification and maintain clean driving record.
- Depending on equipment that will be operated, a Class A or B Commercial Drivers License may be required.
- Prior driving and customer service experience highly desirable
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer service skills.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to read, write and compute basic math.
- Uses frequent independent judgment when making decisions
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp or handle, talk and hear, stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move 50+ lbs. without assistance
- Exposed to battery warehouse conditions such as exposure to moving equipment mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Interstate Batteries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Interstate Batteries complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Interstate Batteries expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Interstate Batteries' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.