At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
How you will make contributions that matter...
- Evaluates and coordinates compliance in the areas of safety, health and environmental regulations, under the direction of the Plant EH&S Manager and the Plant Manager.
- Conducts routine environmental plant audits, reports deficiencies and corrective actions.
- May interact with regulatory agencies in a support capacity (together with the plant leadership team or designated facility management), as directed by the Divisional Safety Manager and/or Director of Environmental Affairs.
- Provides active communication and EH&S activity reports and day-to-day facility EHS issues.
- Assists facility management with the administration and on-going support for EHS programs.
- Follows all written corporate EHS programs, actively supports EHS programs to ensure compliance.
- Coordinates with EH&S Manager, HR Manager and Plant Manager with worker's compensation claims and return to work programs.
- Supports periodic Environmental Health & Safety training for all facility employees.
- Offers assistance in the area of accident investigations and recommendations for prevention. Assists with root cause and problem solving activities to ensure prevention.
- Participates and conducts ADA, JSA's, RTW evaluations, etc.
- Regularly monitors and/or maintains OSHA 300, Accident Reports, documentation, etc. at the facility.
- Uploads environmental data/files to Environmental SharePoint site as required and maintains facility environmental records at the plant level.
- Participates in monthly safety committee meetings.
- File environmental, health and safety documents and records.
- Perform data entry activities with spreadsheet applications and Safelink database to ensure integrity of records and information.
- Conducts plant health and safety inspections to identify existing or potential accident and health hazards, reports the hazards to the plant leadership team and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively apply the Saputo values.
- Work together professionally in a team environment with coworkers and other department personnel.
- Support other departments as needed and perform other duties as required by management.
You are best suited for the role if you...
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Health & Safety Management, Environmental Management, Industrial Hygiene, Risk Management, preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of increasing experience in an industrial manufacturing setting, preferably food manufacturing, with major concentration of job duties relating to environmental, health and safety.
- OSHA Trainer Certification preferred, but not required
- Must complete projects with minimum or no supervision and have good interpersonal skills and leadership characteristics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Strong team player with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
We support and care for our employees by providing them with...
- Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.