Basic Job Functions:
- Assist the division sales and profit efforts through support of the builders and District Sales Managers.
- Work with the Estimating Supervisor and Sales Managers in developing unique selling strategies for projects.
- Provide technical expertise both over the phone and in face-to-face meetings with customers and District Sales Managers.
- Work with the DSM's and Builders to provide guidance on design solutions to ensure a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Sales Engineer will develop, coordinate, and oversee the processes, procedures and practices required to develop a competitive design solution for estimates on a consistent basis.
- Work with all departments to create safe and economical project design solutions. Be aware of economic impacts of structural decisions based upon metal building price, erection concerns and total in-place cost of construction.
- Provide input with "unique" scope requirements from the standpoint of business risk, product application and economical solutions.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.Minimum Qualifications:
- Four year degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- A minimum of two years of metal building design experience
- The candidate must be able to drive and travel extensively when required and often on short notice.
- Strong commitment to safety in all job aspects.
- Maintains an optimistic / Can-Do attitude.
- Ability to analyze and think strategically regarding all aspects of the quote / sales engineer role.
- Strong leadership/interpersonal skills; developing relationships based on trust and respect.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks and manage time in unsupervised environment while traveling
Must have supervisor and/or manager recommendation and must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.