Work with internal customers to understand requirements and expectations that will be potentially automated. Research, design, develop, configure and test SAP software applications per specifications in the Customer Relationship & Billing (CR&B) Module or similar. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. The individual in this position will play a dual role as an SAP Business and Functional Analyst, supporting all lines of business with SAP IS-U functional and business-related issues or questions. The individual should have utility industry experience. The SAP CR&B module is part of SAP's IS-U (Industry Specific Solution for Utilities).
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. Ability to absorb information about internal customer needs, analyze and implement recommendations
• Design, configure, test, deliver and maintain SAP Industry Specific Solutions for Utilities (IS-U) Customer Relationship & Billing (CR&B), and other IS-U modules.
• Configure and test the SAP IS-U CR&B components needed to support our customer service and billing requirements; work as a member of a team to integrate these systems into the overall SAP Customer Relationship Management and Billing (CR&B) solution
• Self-driven individual that has the desire to solve problems and work with team members on designing solutions to enhance the services we provide to our customers
• Interact daily with internal customers across all lines of business to analyze business processes, define business requirements and make recommendations by considering costs, time, and resources
• Ideally be experienced in ABAP development and software development lifecycle (will defer to James on the programming experience)
• Consult with programmers to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements, and/or resolve internal customer problems
• Develop documentation for appropriate SAP applications
• Confer with IT or project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities for IT projects
• Consult with internal customers or other business units on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance
• Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures
**Temporarily remote position due to Covid 19***
**Approximately 10% travel required**
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Communication - Verbal and Written - Ability to communicate effectively with others and write communication in a clear and concise manner.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Systems Analysis - Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required: Bachelor's degree with a focus in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Physics preferred.
Minimum 2 years relevant experience in application development and support primarily focused (IS-U, SAP/ISU-CCS). Experience working with customer service/FICA/Financial Accounting. Experience coding and debugging. Minimum 2 years experience in SAP IS-U functional modules (Customer Relationship & Billing preferred).
Strong knowledge of and experience with ERP systems and, in particular, SAP. Requires proficiency in MS Office and knowledge management/collaboration tools, including SharePoint. Customer Relationship & Billing, SAP Utility Module (SAP IS-U).