Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Become your most extraordinary self! Our team is intensely proud to be a major provider of services and products to the drug discovery research industry. Join Eurofins DiscoverX Products part of the Eurofins Discovery ™ group of companies serving global clients in the Pharma and Biotech industries. Work alongside industry experts and collaborate with team members to directly and positively impact human health worldwide!
We have a philosophy to support work life balance, career progression opportunities and offer many benefits such as formal mentoring programs, tuition reimbursement, extensive career training programs, competitive health benefits, paid time off and 10 annual paid holidays*.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the market development team to support global market development efforts with a key focus on North America.
- Understand the market and customer needs of biotech, pharma, CROs, CDMOs, biosimilar companies, and articulate the value of DiscoverX product offerings.
- Communicate with customers, understand customers' needs, and work with key customers to provide scientific guidance and support.
- Work closely with the DiscoverX business development (BD) team to help facilitate high-level meetings with customers and help close sales. Serve as a scientific resource and accompany BD to visit clients and participate in trade shows in North America.
- Work closely with the custom assay development team and help finalize project proposals for clients.
- Act as a funnel for VOC
o Provides critical input to internal teams to ensure products meet customer needs and insight into the market
o Provide market insight to the needs of the market and directions
- Work closely with external CROs in support of method transfers, ongoing support, relationship building for new opportunities, and conduct CRO certifications. When needed, serves as a liaison between internal teams, CRO, and customers
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions to address product-related customer issues. May require performing experiments to understand the root cause of the issue.
- Generate new application data and add scientific content to customer-facing presentations and marketing material (posters, application notes, white papers).
- Support the Field Application Scientists with method transfers in other geographies.
- Support Marketing to reinforce product positioning and messaging via field-based training to BDs on new and improved offerings.
- Work closely with R&D and Operational leads to implement client-specific programs and provides critical input to internal teams to ensure products meet customer needs
- When needed, work with Marketing to deliver seminars, and webinars at meetings and conferences to promote DiscoverX's product offerings.
- Understand market needs and provide recommendations on developing new offerings and improving current offerings.
- Proficient in potency data analysis using GraphPad, SoftMax Pro and PLA 3.0.
- Mentor and manage Field Application Scientist(s) (where appropriate)
- The right candidate will possess the following skills and experience. The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate
- Understanding of large and small molecule drug discovery market and commercialization processes with the ability to effectively align with business strategy is highly beneficial
- Experience as the external face of the organization, leading and participating in business development partnering events and conferences
- Energetic, goal-oriented results-driven self-starter with a strong executive presence, collaborative mindset, and ability to think strategically and analytically
- Demonstrated understanding of drug/technology discovery, development
- Superb oral, written communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills. Skillful presenter of scientific and business information to executives
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Good understanding of regulatory environment
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned and owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
- Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
- Ph.D. or M.S. in biochemistry, bioanalytical sciences or cell biology
- Minimum of 7-year relevant work experience
- Experience in CRO and Pharma industry in bioassays, method transfer and validation processes
- Previous experience or understanding of sales process
- Proficient in PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel
- Self-motivated, highly organized, accurate and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- A good listener and a proactive team player
- Ability to analyze, prioritize and multitask assignments
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays