A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma theScientist will support the Specialty Protein Assay team and will work independently to develop immunoassays for use on flow cytometry, ELISA, immunohistochemistry and MilliporeSigma SMC Immunoassay platforms.
This position may include work during non-standard hours such as second shift, as needed, to meet deadlines.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Follow established assay development procedures for the production of custom assays as well as development of new assays for release as new catalog products.
- Plan and execute experiments that support new biomarker assay development, including understanding potential interfering proteins and sourcing appropriate antibodies & reagents.
- Analyze, summarize, and report data generated from experiments. Draw conclusions from experimental results. Recommend and execute follow-up actions with consideration of prior experimental findings without direct supervision. Propose new investigations based on experimental findings.
- Present data at team meetings or to small focus groups that may include representatives from other departments and/or outside parties. Participate in and lead brainstorming and troubleshooting sessions.
- May represent the Company in external relationships including communications with instrument manufacturers, suppliers of critical components, potential partners and evaluation sites.
- Facilitate the transfer of developed assays to Manufacturing and QC, including involvement in the completion and release of enabling documentation for newly developed assays by ensuring all relevant technical information is incorporated into the appropriate documents.
- Demonstrate scientific creativity and understanding of the principles, requirements and practices of immunoassay development. Conduct project related information searches, literature searches, and may be involved in review for project specifications and initiation. Maintain familiarity with current technology related information, literature, and theories. Contribute to scientific publications, posters and conferences, when appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Immunology, Biochemistry or other Life Science field
- 7+ years' experience with immunoassay development and assay validation for biomarker assays or bioanalytical analysis, with experience in at least one of the following immunoassay formats: proximity ligation assay (PLA), magnetic particle based multiplex immunoassay (e.g., MilliporeSigma SMC® or Luminex platform), ECL, flow cytometry, or ELISA.
- Master's degree in Microbiology, Immunology, Biochemistry or other Life Sciences field
- 3+ years' experience with immunoassay development and assay validation for biomarker assays or bioanalytical analysis, with experience in at least one of the following assay formats: proximity ligation assay (PLA), magnetic particle based multiplex immunoassay (e.g., MilliporeSigma SMC® or Luminex platform), ECL, flow cytometry, or ELISA.
What we offer:
- PhD with 3+ years' experience in a regulated environment (IVD or RUO)
- Master's degree with 5+ years' experience in a regulated environment (IVD or RUO)
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years' industry experience in a regulated environment (IVD or RUO)
- Experience with PLA and/or flow cytometry
- Experience with Stage Gate Product Development Process from Assay Development to Manufacturing/Operations
- Proven success in pre-clinical/clinical/RUO immunoassay development
- Strong understanding of biological processes and immunoassay formats and techniques
- Working knowledge of statistics, Design of Experimentation (DOE), etc.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to understand, prepare, and communicate technical scientific information to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and ability to work independently
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company's COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.