Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 authorities in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most ground breaking technology and lab spaces, all crafted to encourage teamwork and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while growing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the group:
The Oncology Cell Therapy CMC Unit sits within the Bio Pharmaceutical Development (BPD) group and partners with Oncology to develop innovative drugs for treating patients. The functional groups include Process and Analytical development, Attribute Sciences, and manufacturing. Projects in the wider group include vaccines, therapeutics, biologics, and the new cell therapy effort. Our current pipeline includes autologous CAR-T and off-the-shelf allogeneic cell therapy which apply novel manufacturing approaches and pioneering technologies.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Design and execute lab experiments to support CAR-T process development.
- Record, interpret and report experiment data in a clear and concise manner and communicate results to team members.
- Present experimental results at internal and external meetings; author and contribute to scientific publications, patents, and regulatory submissions.
- Work optimally and collaboratively as a team member within a highly matrixed organizational structure.
- BS/MS in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Immunology, Biological Sciences, or related field.
- Scientist: BS with 5+ years of experience or MS with 2+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical industry/academic lab.
- Strong academic performance
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Experience in experiment design and data analysis
- Understand cell culture and has mammalian cell culture experience
- Experience with genetic knock-in (e.g. lentivirus, transposon), genetic knock-out (e.g. CRISPR) in primary cells
- Experience with multicolour flow cytometry
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience working in GMP environment and FDA-regulated industry
- GMP training
- Experience executing early and late-stage analytical comparability studies
- Experience in vendor, contract, or collaborator projects, timelines, budgets
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more?
Check out our landing page for more information on our BPD group https://careers.astrazeneca.com/bpd
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.