Loyola Medicine, treating the whole person with compassion-to \"also treat the human spirit.\" Come join the Public Safety Department!
As a mission-driven innovative health organization, we will become the national leader in improving the health of our communities and each person we serve. We will be the most trusted health partner for life.
Previous Security Officer experience a PLUS
In this role, the Security & Safety Officer will provide unarmed uniformed security, safety and customer services to all staff, students, patients, and visitors of Loyola Medical Center
- Patrols Loyola Medical Center Campus and its buildings to deter crime, prevent loss and promote a safe environment.
- Provides and maintains a security presence at the main entrances of various buildings on campus to control access, provide directions and assistance and prevent loss.
- Gathers information for and completes various reports to document incidents and events on the Loyola Medical Center campus.
- Performs traffic and crowd control on the medical center campus to control access and direct the flow of both pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- Assists the Parking Department in the accomplishment of their goals by providing motorist assistance and parking control assists the Safety Department in the accomplishment of their goals by providing fire and chemical safety services.
- Performs security and service-related duties as assigned to promote loss and crime prevention and service excellence.
- Enforces the rules and regulations of Loyola University Health System and Medical Center.
- High School Diploma plus training acquired through work experience or education
Specific Degree(s): Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Security Admin, Fire Services, or related field
- May be required to be on-call for emergencies, and as needed on occasional evenings/weekends for security needs
- General - Valid Illinois driver's license
Loyola Medicine Core Values
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Assist in lifting patients as needed to either assist nursing or transporting staff
- Restrain violent/combative patients to prevent injuries to themselves and others
- The ability to power walk and or run as needed
- Ability to use both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Requires good eye vision to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We honor the sacredness and dignity of every person.
Commitment to Those Who are Poor
We stand with and serve those who are poor, especially those most vulnerable.
We embrace a culture that prevents harm and nurtures a healing, safe environment for all.
We foster right relationships to promote the common good, including sustainability of Earth.
We honor our heritage and hold ourselves accountable for the human, financial and natural resources entrusted to our care.
We are faithful to who we say we are.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.