Working for Equity Residential (EQR), a leading multi-family real estate investment trust (REIT), means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. We've got the best people in the business, and our experience shows in our dedication to our residents and in how much we value each other as colleagues.
We are seeking a skilled System Security Engineer to join our Security Operations team, playing a pivotal role in safeguarding Equity against the latest information security threats. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong willingness to learn and enhance their skill set, with proven expertise in Palo Alto firewall administration and a solid networking background. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess working knowledge of Linux/Windows administration and a deep understanding of Azure cloud architecture and monitoring. This role offers an exciting opportunity to utilize your expertise in security systems engineering and contribute to the protection of Equity's information assets.
*WHO YOU ARE*
You have a broad-based familiarity with Security Operations with 5 to 7 years of experience as an Incident Responder. More specifically, your background includes at least 2 years of Splunk experience as well as with IDR tools, familiarity with static and dynamic malware analysis, DFIR and threat hunting methodologies is key. A solid network background is also important.
* *A Problem Solver.*
You are a creative thinker, who focuses on the problem as stated and gathers information and knowledge to achieve an appropriate solution. Your skillfulness in this area helps you determine how to quickly assess security incidents.
* *A Strong Communicator.*
Your writing and speaking skills are clear, articulate, and effective, demonstrating your ability to interact with and be understood by all levels and various teams across the organization. In addition, you're skilled in communicating in a non-technical manner with everyone from end users to senior management and also in a technical manner to other IT professionals.
* *Organized, Efficient, and Accountable.*
You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines consistently. Above all, you are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities of the business, even if that means an occasional after-hours project.
* *Passionate. Motivated. Eager to Learn.*
You are resourceful, ask smart questions, challenge the status quo, and regularly seek to understand. You're willing to learn a range of business and/or technical specialties, based on organizational needs. And when a special project arises, you volunteer!
* *Technologically Savvy.*
You're comfortable withSourcefire IPS/IDS systems, Symantec DLP Solution and Bluecoat Web Filtering and SSL decryption technologiesand have a knack for quickly mastering new technology. You're knowledgeable about the Google (G Suite) platform and how it canenable collaboration and productivity.
* *Trustworthy and Discerning.*
The ability to work with confidential information, while using discretion, is crucial to this position.
*WHAT YOU'LL DO*
* Develop and maintain secure, resilient enterprise-grade security infrastructure.
* Assist with development, maintenance and utilization of scripts (e.g., PowerShell, Python, etc.) to support custom extract, transform load (ETL) tools with a security focus for data flow.
* Actively monitor, assess and recommend tactical and strategic initiatives based on new and emerging threats.
* Perform research and data analysis of systems events and proactively identify and communicate issues and troubleshoot fault conditions on security systems
* Resolve service impacting events, restore service and root cause analysis
* Support team as necessary on high priority/high visibility problems
* Ensure Platform accessibility and best practices are maintained
* Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reports as needed
* Participates in various IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the security infrastructure
* Represents EQR in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
* Performs other duties as necessary.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated ability to write with clarity and accuracy. Strong self-directed work habits, demonstrating initiative, drive, creativity, self-assurance and professionalism are also important. Excellent teamwork skills are necessary.
*Technical skills requirements:*
* Minimum 1-2 years of experience administering Palo Alto Firewalls
* Minimum 2 years of Azure experience
* Experience with Linux and Windows administration
* Experience with DevOps processes
* Experience with powershell and python
* Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Proven project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple concurrent projects
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Detail oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate analysis.
* Have strong technical problem determination ability, exceptional system implementation, installation, and disaster recovery planning and ongoing administration experience.
* Experience maintaining highly available and highly secure networks.
* Process orientated with the ability to clarify objectives, evaluate options, consider implications, assess risks, and make key decisions.
* Good interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
* Good planning and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects.
* Ability to convey network concepts and issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
PrimaryLocation Chicago, IL, United States ABOUT THE TEAM We are seeking a skilled System Security Engineer to join our Security Operations team, playing a pivotal role in safeguarding Equity against the latest information security threats.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Posted about 10 hours ago
Posted about 10 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago