ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The primary purpose of this position is to analyze environmental samples for either semi-volatile or volatile organic analysis using GC/MS instrumentation and to review data for release to clients. Assistance with maintenance of instruments and in the development of new methods or modifications to procedures will also be required. Additionally it is to ensure that high quality data is produced in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures and that data is analyzed and reported in a timely manner in order to meet client deadlines. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Become responsible for the entire analytical process including instrument set up, sample analysis, and data review using Agilent GC/MS analytical equipment and following EPA methods.
- Become proficient with our in-house laboratory information management system.
- Become familiar with all state requirements for analysis and quality control.
- Provide peer review of data generated in the laboratory.
- Participate in SOP development and updates as necessary.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Maintain documentation on calibration, inspection, and repair activities.
- Compile LV4 data packages for delivery to clients.
- Exercise laboratory safety practices.
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity.
- Identify and report quality problems to the supervisor or QA department.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with Agilent GC/MS instrumentation and Chemstation Eqviroquant software.
- Possess a general knowledge of organic chemistry fundamentals; ability to understand terminology and principals in order to comply with analytical methods.
- Possess strong computer skills with knowledge in Excel and Microsoft Word; the ability to learn our laboratory information management system in a timely manner.
- Ability to multi-task, organized, detail oriented, and possesses excellent problem solving capabilities; will have good time management capabilities and be able to work independently of supervision.
- Ability to take ownership for meeting goals and objectives; willing to be accountable for own decisions, and willing to give 100%. Able to look for new ways to accomplish objectives.
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with staff, management and clients in a professional manner.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone;
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
This job has expired.