Overview / Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Automation Technical Professional for our Wood office in Baton Rouge, LA.
Wood Automation and Control is the largest vendor-independent system integrator in the world with proven stability for more than 25 years. We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation teams work on hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead Automation Engineering efforts for the design and implementation of automation systems for oil & gas and process industry projects, directly interfacing with our clients.
- Act as primary interface with EPC Contractors as it pertains to Automation engineering content and deliverables to ensure project delivery in line with agreed technical specifications, execution plan, budget, and schedule. Provide technical coordination and resolution of issues between EPC Contractors and Automation vendors.
- Provide technical supervision of automation project teams including guidance and expertise for all phases of automation projects, front-end engineering through detailed design, configuration, implementation, startup and commissioning.
- Travel expected to customer locations for project implementation (up to 25%).
Skills / Qualifications
- 15+ years of industry experience in a automation engineering role, supervising, leading and guiding automation design and implementation projects
- Familiarity with automation industry codes and standards.
- Provide HSSE leadership, act as role model.
- High level of hands-on experience with DCS and SIS systems (DCS: TDC-3000, Experion PKS, Yokogawa and/or DeltaV; SIS: Triconex, FSC, Safety Manager).
- Experience with PLC platforms (Allen Bradley) is beneficial but not required.
- Experience working with EPC contractors.
- Experience in control systems integration with an operating company, systems vendor or engineering services provider for onshore or offshore oil & gas / energy industry projects.
- Experience with Front-End Engineering (FEED) phases, implementation, systems testing, start-up and commissioning of automation projects in the aforementioned industries.
- Strong background and hands-on experience with multiple systems platforms, operating systems, and the interactions between systems, system hardware, and architecture.
- Proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of the principles of relational databases, application interfaces, and Human Machine Interface design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of Functional Safety processes and deliverables.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.